Do I need a check-up before whitening my teeth?
Yes, you are required to see a Dentist or our Hygienist for consultation before whitening your teeth. If there is a build-up of plaque or calculus this will need to be removed before whitening can begin. Not all teeth are suitable for bleaching and we need assess your individual circumstances. Existing crowns and fillings cannot be whitened and it is essential to treat any active decay prior to whitening.
What whitening options do you provide and is it safe?
Bleaching products are heavily regulated by the Australian Dental Association and undergo rigorous testing before being approved for use in Australia. Bleaching can be completely safe when following directions given by your Dentist or Hygienist.
Here at Restore Dental we offer two methods of bleaching; in-office Zoom (laser) whitening or take-home bleaching trays. These can be used in conjunction or on their own.
- Provided in house only
- Provides immediate results in a single visit
- May cause more short-term sensitivity post treatment
Take home bleaching:
- Requires two visits to the practice; one to take impressions and one to issue your bleaching trays and teach you how to use your home bleaching kit
- Most patients are happy with their results within 2-4 weeks of home bleaching
- Less chance of sensitivity as you can control how often and how long bleaching occurs.